Per Executive Order 2020-21 and the CISA’s Guidance on Essential Critical Infrastructure Workers, automotive repair and maintenance facilities are deemed essential to transportation infrastructure and can remain open during this time. We at Gerry’s Tune-Up are concerned for your family and your needs, and that may include getting to grocery stores or a hospital in a vehicle that is safe to drive. We will remain open to serve this need.
However, we understand the need to flatten the curve of COVID-19, and so we are taking the following steps:
- Common spaces around the desk and high-touch surfaces such as doorknobs are being disinfected at the end of each day.
- Customer drop off and pick up areas are disinfected daily.
Unfortunately, due to shortages, we do not have disinfecting wipes, and so we are using a bleach solution to disinfect. Since bleach may ruin the interior of your vehicle, we cannot sanitize steering wheels, shifters, seat belts, or door handles. We appreciate your understanding of this.
Should it make you more comfortable to exercise additional caution, we would encourage you to do the following:
- Utilize the mail slot in the door for dropping off keys, signed invoices, and exact cash or check payments.
- Schedule appointments and ask questions over the phone.
- Make credit card payments over the phone. (Please call during business hours.)
- Disinfect high-touch surfaces on your car’s interior and exterior upon pick-up.
We understand that some people may be short of cash at this time, as well. If you need to make different payment arrangements or set up a payment plan, please contact Gerry and we’d be happy to work something out.
We appreciate your understanding as we all do our best to navigate this interesting time in history! Thank you for being a loyal customer and stay safe and healthy!