The average length of a labor contraction is 60 seconds. Unsure of how long a minute feels? Try this exercise.
Wall sit- block between thighs. Need more- add weight to lap or hands- multiple reps. Need less- build up to a minute over time.
Here is the real work- notice what you do during this time of “work”
- blast the music? Have your playlist ready for the labor room
- Notice the cold wall your back is against? Remind your support team to have the cold wash cloth and ice chips ready during labor.
- Do you keep your eyes open and look to your external environment? Write out birth affirmations to hang around your birth room
- Do you close your eyes and reach internally? Practice guided meditation, your mind may reflexively take you to your favorite meditation.
- Do you sit still like a statue. Practice your breathing techniques
- Do you rub your thighs and seek movement? Practice “slow dance” with your partner or partner massages.
You get the point! Ok try it and let me know what happens! Join our prenatal yoga classes more exercises like this 😁🤗