AGV Sport Group's mission: to develop technically superior protective gear for Motorcyclists. Designed by Riders for Riders for over 35 years.
Brief history and facts of the AGVSPORT brand:
- In 1977 Michael Parrotte started business with AGV Helmets in Valenza Italy about a plan to bring the famous Italian marquee to the US market.
- Michael started AGV USA in 1978, and bcame the official US distributor of AGV Helmets.
- In 1985, AGV Helmets signed a long term licensing contract for the use of the AGV brand on apparel and related products.
- The first product created under the AGVSPORT name was the CX-1 glove in 1985 and was worn by GP racing star Randy Mamola. Boots were also created later this year, and leather suits and jackets were introduced in early in 1986.
- In 1990 the AGVSPORT brand name appeared on the products for the first time and replaced the AGV name and tri color logo.
- AGVSPORT leathers are selected as the official leather supplier of Keith Code’s California Superbike School, replacing the Japanese brand Kush*tani
- In 1991 Loris Capirossi won his first GP World Championship wearing AGVSPORT brand leathers and AGV helmets.
- In 1992, AGV Helmets in Italy purchases 51% of AGVSPORT.
- In 1994, AGVSPORT repurchases it shares from AGV Helmets and again was an independent company.
- 1996-1998, AGVSPORT sponsored riders including Troybaylis, Mat Mladin, Ben Bostrom, Eric Bostrom, Miquel DuHamel, Aaron Yates, Thomas Stevens, Pascal Picotte, and Steve Crevier.
- In 1998 the first variation of the new contemporary lettering and logo was used. This logo was used on all products worldwide until it was updated in 2010.
- In 1999, AGVSPORT and AGV USA separated offices and AGVSPORT became not only legally autonomous but commercially as well.
- In 2001 the licensing program was terminated when AGV Helmets in Italy formally acknowledged that the AGVSPORT brands were a separate and unique brand from AGV Helmets.
- In 2007 World renowned Italian apparel manufacturer Dainese purchases AGV Helmets from the Belgian investment group which owned them.
- In 2010 AGVSPORT begins a long term exclusive licensing arrangement for the US market with San Diego based Motonation. www.agvsport.com